Salmon Belly Loin
For the marinade:
Rice Wine Vinegar
Hot sauce e.g Sriracha
For the stir fry
Ready to go noodles
Toasted Sesame Oil
Stir fry vegetables of your choice. We use:
- Mix the ingredients for the marinade together in an oven dish big enough to lay salmon flat. Finely grate a chunk of ginger and 4 cloves of garlic. Add equal parts of soy and honey. Then add half the amounts in hot sauce & rice wine vinegar. You need enough marinade to cover the salmon. Cover the salmon in the marinade and place in the fridge.
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees
- Sprinkle sesame seeds in a small pan and toast on a low heat. Don’t forget about them as they cook quickly. Once golden brown, leave to cool.
- Prepare all vegetables and chop to how you would like them
- Using a wok on a medium heat, cook the carrots, corn & mushrooms with sesame oil & tablespoon of soy sauce.
- Take the salmon from the fridge. Drain excess marinade into a small saucer, leaving a small amount in the salmon dish.
- Put the salmon in the oven for no more than 10 minutes.
- Add the noodles, pak choi, 2/3 spring onion & 2/3 coriander to the wok.
- Heat the sauce and keep on a low heat until serving.
- Once all cooked through, plate up the stir fry. Add cucumber around the edges and sprinkle the remaining spring onion over the top.
- Remove the salmon and place on top of the noodles. Pour the sauce on, sprinkle remaining coriander and finish by adding sesame seeds to the dish.